But you moved into action. And now — thousands upon thousands of petitions, emails, calls and rallies later — your work has brought us to a historic moment in the effort to restore democracy to elections.
Today, the United States Senate will bring the constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United to the Senate floor, with a vote possible as early as today!
Call your senators RIGHT NOW to make sure they vote for democracy, not plutocracy.
1. Call your senators right now at this toll-free number: 866-937-7983.
2. Say this to the staffer who answers the phone: “I’m calling in support of S.J. Res. 19, the Democracy for All constitutional amendment.”
3. That’s it — you won’t have to get into a debate.
The billionaires and Big Business have used their money to influence YOUR senators.
But YOU have the power to make sure your senators stand with the American people in this historic moment.
Call your senators TODAY at 866-937-7983.
Thank you for taking action and moving our nation toward a day where every American is represented in the halls of power.
Public Citizen’s Democracy Is for People Campaign
- Sen. Harry Reid’s Constitutional Amendment Bill to Limit Money in Politics (propresobama.org)
- ‘Corporations Are People Too My Friends’; Especially in Politics! (donlichterman.wordpress.com)
- Casino magnate Sheldon Adelson teaming up with Kochs, Rove in dark money campaign (dailykos.com)
- Tell the Senate: Overturn Citizens United (paulspoerry.com)
- Supporters Prepare For “Watershed” Vote On Overturning Citizens United (mintpressnews.com)
- Senate to vote on repealing Citizens United Monday: Something you can do that will take 5 minutes (1newsjunkie.blogspot.com)
- Vote to reverse Citizens United… arguably the most damaging SCOTUS decision since Dred Scott (terrortrials.blogspot.com)
- Eisman: Stem flood of money into politics (hamptonroads.com)
- Bernie Sanders Warns That Senate Vote To Repeal Citizens United Is A Pivotal Moment (politicususa.com)