By Milon Henry Levine The Foundation Network PHILADELPHIA:
This weekend the primary thing we saw preventing the IDSA (Infecteus Disease society of America) and The CDC from changing guidelines for treating Lyme’s disease, felt like insurance and pharm lobbys, and guys inside the IDSA that hold patents to current insufficient Lyme testing…ie pretty serious conflicts of interests. As for the pharma companies, bumping up the prices of certain antibiotics dramatically in the face of their surge of usage,the pharma industry need to be shaken up ala Elon Musk. A compassionate player with big resources has to come in.
- How to Help From Home ~ Philadelphia Candlelight Vigil and IDSA Protest (invisiblylymemontana.com)
- Lyme Patients to Hold Candlelight Vigil to Commemorate Lives Lost (webwire.com)
- Lyme Café – IDSA Protest 2014 (lymeneteurope.org)
- Lyme disease sufferers protest at Infectious Diseases conference (philly.com)
- Monogamous? This STD Doesn’t Care (goodmenproject.com)